Saturday, January 3, 2009

Happy Birthday Brevin!


December is a busy month!! Poor Brevin has his birthday in December. I feel bad for him especially when his dad is in retail. We did our best to try and make the day special. I had to work that morning and Aaron went to work shortly after I got home but before Aaron left to go to work we opened gifts from grandmas. He got a new puzzle, his 2008 Christmas ornament, the movie “Meet the Robinsons”, books, and a coloring book. Aaron and I gave him a new Leapster game, which was lost on the airplane, a new click start game, and a new balance bike. He loved all of his gifts!! After opening gifts Aaron left for work. I had plans to take him to Bass Pro Shop because that is one of his favorite places to go. BUT . . . that didn’t happen as Jace had pink eye which meant we really shouldn’t go anywhere. So instead of going to Bass Pro Shop we went to McDonald’s for an ice cream cone and a diet coke and to the pharmacy for Jace’s prescription. Not quite as much fun as Bass Pro Shop but I tried. I also made him cookie bars for his cake. All in all I think he had a good day.
I can’t believe my baby is 3!! There has always been something about Brevin that tugs at my heart. Recently he has started to read. One day I was coloring with him and happened to write a simple word like bat. He said each letter, sounded out the word, and said the word while signing it. I couldn’t believe it! So I continued to write as many three letter words as I could think of. He continued to read them. Then when I asked him what he wanted to spell he would tell me a word and all of the letters to spell it. Crazy!!
He still loves Thomas, his balance bike, the computer, his click start, and his Leapster. He is an electronic junkie!
Recently he has started to play well with Jace and it is so much fun to watch. They run around in circles screaming and laughing chasing each other. Last night Brevin was hiding behind a chair and jumping out to scare Jace. It was so cute to watch. I am glad that Brevin has such a good brother in Jace. I love my boys and I am so thankful for the happiness, love and spirit they bring into my life.
Brevin I love you. Thank you for being mom’s special boy!

3 comments:

Idaho Hodges said...

We wish we could've been in Montana to see the kids and you. Who knows when the next time will be. Happ Birthday Brevin we love you.

Chelsea and Cody said...

SOunds like he had fun despite the crazy day! We love you Brevin! We miss you guys already...!

Angie said...

I know how you feel. One of my kids has a birthday on Christmas day!