Sunday, January 25, 2009

Brevin's First Day of School!

Ready to go out the door to school!

Jace on Brevin's first day.

Brevin was in no mood for pictures that morning. This was the best I could get.


Tuesday was Brevin’s first day of school. It was hard for us both! It was a good thing Aaron stayed home to go with us. Everything was uneventful until it came time for Aaron and I to leave. Aaron was holding him and tried to put him down, and when he did Brevin came running to me and said “Mama, hug!” I picked him up and could see big crocodile tears in his eyes. He was trying to be brave, like me, but was so scared. Seeing the fear in his eyes made me cry so I handed him off to Aaron. Aaron took him into the classroom and left, there was no other way. I didn’t think the house would be much different with him gone because Brevin typically does his own thing in the morning, but the house was so quiet . . . no jumping, talking, screaming, or fighting. Jace followed me around the whole time he was gone and when I would ask him “where’s Brevin” he would say “school.” It was so cute.
Now that we are through the first day everything is great. Brevin seems to love his teachers. Wednesday when it came time for me to leave after dropping him off I said "bye Brevin," and he replied with "bye bye, mama." Awe! Such a sweet boy!

3 comments:

Chelsea and Cody said...

YOu almost made me cry, too!

belliesue said...

His big beautiful eyes would make me feel like crying too. Which school did he end up going to? I hope it goes well. Where are you working? Good luck with all the cold. It's actually been warmer here in Rexburg than in Omaha..but still too cold to live outside much. The boys don't seem to mind it though. Hang in there!

Idaho Hodges said...

Oh how sad!! I had tears in my eyes too. I'm glad all is well now.