Sunday, February 7, 2010

Reading skills

Lately, Brevin has been quite the reader! Now when we go to Target we LOOK at the Thomas trains, but LEAVE with a book. It is great!! Books are a lot cheaper than Thomas trains! He has plenty of Thomas trains anyway. Initially Brevin was reading sight words, then he moved on to trying to sound out words. Now he is pretty much reading whatever you put in front of his face! I love it! Often times when Jace is napping he will come to me and say "read with me, mom." Sometimes he prefers to read the book and other times he wants me to read to him. When it is my turn to read they are longer story books. I am impressed with how he will sit there and listen to the story over and over for long periods of time. If Jace has joined us he will usually get bored around 15 minutes into it and head off to destroy something. Jace enjoys having Brevin read to him and just recently Brevin has given in to Jace's requests. It is SO cute to see Brevin reading to Jace. Every night I read a story to Brevin or with Brevin and I will only read it once because he would read it over and over until he falls asleep. So if he asks to read the story again I will usually say, "one more time and that's it." I have heard Brevin say this to Jace when he asks Brevin to read the story again. I thought it was pretty funny! Anyway, enjoy the clips. I know I have, but I am the mother!

2 comments:

Angie said...

are you using a reading program with them? which one?

ensadler said...

No, just starfall. Brevin has always loved letters and computer games and between the computer and his leapster he has learned to read. I would love to take the credit! :)