Sunday, January 17, 2010

HAPPY 4th Birthday Brevin!!

Christmas is such a busy time, and I hear a lot of people don't like having their birthday around Christmas time because they get "combined" birthday/Christmas presents. This is not the case with Brevin. He had at least a week long celebration for his birthday. We had plans to fly to Billings on his birthday. Those plans did not work out due to an unforeseen medical reasons. The week of his birthday there was no school so the celebrated the week before. I made cupcakes and took them to his class. Brevin came home with this crown. He was so proud of it and wore it all day and the following day!

We had him open Grandma and Grandpa's big birthday gift early due to the fact we were supposed to be traveling to Billings on his birthday. He opened it two days before so he could play with it before we left. Both of the boys LOVE this "ball game" as they call it.




On his actual birthday we went to Boingz to play. The boys had SO much fun! That place is great for wearing a kid out! After Boingz we went to Eileen's Cookies and let Brevin pick out two big birthday cookies. He picked chocolate chip and snickerdoodle.



The birthday boy lending Jace a helping hand. What a great big brother!!

Opening mom and dad's birthday gift!

Grandma and Grandpa Sadler sent a birthday present, but I failed to get pictures of this opening as it was opened on another day. He loved his mini transformer in that package and the boys still fight over it. They call him "Iron man." :)



Brevin is such a sweet kid and I am so thankful that I am his mother! He is so easy going and has a great disposition. Those who are able to get to know him comment on these things and how much fun he is. The things that Brevin teaches me are so special and dear to my heart and they are things that I am not sure I would have ever learned any other way. Thank you Brevin for being my boy! We love you! Happy Birthday!
Brevin enjoys reading and will often times bring a book to me and say, "Mom, read with me." He is an excellent reader and is reading rather well for his age. He reads at a first grade level. He also enjoys playing the computer, his leapster, playing with hisThomas trains, his balls game, and of couse watching a good Disney movie.

2 comments:

Chelsea and Cody said...

We couldn't love Brevin more...I love it when he reads to us. he is one amazing little man! I am pretty sure he reads at a 3rd grade level not 1st!

Idaho Hodges said...

So good to get an update!! Maybe we'll get home for Spring Break together!!!
Love ya