Monday, February 15, 2010

Snowmen!

Man this winter we have gotten a TON of snow!! Unfortunately there hasn't been much of an opportunity to play in it as it has been WAY too cold! When we had the two big snow storms that I blogged about previously Brevin would ask to make a snowman almost every day. But as I mentioned it was too cold to go out. So one day while Jace was napping I brought the snow inside and we made miniature snow men. Brevin loved this and got his snowman fix. We ended out with a snowman family, one snowman to represent each one of us. He had fun eating the snowman eyes as they were minature chocolate chips. We also sprinkled them to give them a little color.



There was finally a break in the temperatures and we were able to build a snowman outside. The snow wasn't ideal as it was too powdwery, but I managed to make it work and the boys LOVED it!!

Kisses for the miss.

6 comments:

Chelsea and Cody said...

In the first pic of the snowman it looks like he has hair because of the tree behind it! ha! Love the 'take the snow inside' idea! He looks so happy!

ensadler said...

Oh no I put hair on the snowman. She does have hair! They are my dead flowers from my flower bed! :)

The Giles Files said...

I had to laugh at the first pic. It's not too often that one gets to build a snowman while only dressed in his undies! Now, that is way to build a snowman! Go Brevin :)

Idaho Hodges said...

I love the mini snowman idea!! What a good mommy!

Tora Family said...

You're such a good mom!LOVE the video of Brevin reading to Jace...they are so cute together! Is that a new bunk bed? It's really nice! Does Jace sleep in it yet? We just bought a bed for Gabriel...it hasn't arrived yet...I'm interested to see how that goes.

Lisa said...

What a great idea to bring the snow inside; that was cute! I have been wondering what to do with my littles when it is so cold--I'll have to try that one!