This past weekend Aaron and I were able to go across the Bob Kerrey Pedestrian Bridge, a 3,000 foot footbridge across the Missouri River that connects Council Bluffs, IA and Omaha, NE. It opened on September 28th, 2008.
It was a pretty windy day as you can see in some of the pictures, but the temperature was nice and it was a good outing as a family.
Brevin had fun riding his bike. He took his first big spill because of the lack of brakes. As he was going down a pretty long hill I called “Brevin slow down!” and as he turned to look for me, approximately 30 yards behind him, it was all over, he lost control and took a good fall. Maybe I shouldn’t have said anything but he kept going faster and faster and getting further and further away. I started to imagine really bad things happening and was wondering if I should have forced him to wear his helmet or maybe I should have spent the extra 50 dollars for the bike with the hand brake. But as I was running towards him he was whining but not really crying and getting up by himself. Once I got there he gave me a hug and said “ouwy.” I said “I am sorry you fell on your bike,” all while he was pushing me away to get back on. It was good he didn’t dwell on the fall and that the bike riding was not over for the day!
Jace was pretty good while we were there but wasn’t quite as entertained in the stroller. As we were coming back over to the Nebraska side Aaron and I took turns carrying him.
At one point we were wrangling Brevin back into the stroller and his shoe somehow slipped through the small crack at the bottom of the bridge and went overboard, luckily not in the water!
Enjoy the pictures.
Saturday, October 11, 2008
Sunday Walk to IA
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Those were great stories. I love it when you blog...you make me so happy! Tell Brevin that I am so proud of him for being so brave on his big boy bike! Not very many kids would just get right back on!
It sound like you guys had a blast. Now that you know your way around the bridge you can take us on a tour! Love ya lots!
Pretty Cool!! I love the picture of the back of Aaron and Brevin. You need to do something with that picture.
Post a Comment