Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Not a Very Merry Birthday!

Is it any indication of what your day will be like when you wake up to:

A crying baby at 6:00 a.m. who is awake for the day.
A bloody mess (literally. This is too much information but the day wouldn't be the same without it and it is certainly something that makes things worse)
Pain in your back and stomach
And a hot house from a broken air conditioner, which will most likely have to be completely replaced?! How much do these cost? I don't care to know!!

I sure hope this isn't an indication, but things are looking pretty grim. I guess as you get older it doesn't matter if it is your birthday, life goes on.

5 comments:

Lauren said...

Happy birthday. I hope that it goes better for you. Hang in there! :)

Tora Family said...

Awww...I'm at work, but had to take a peek at your blog and type happy birthday. Sorry it wasn't so happy.

Gosh, the first two events (waking up to crying and bloody messes) have unfortunatly been all too frequent in my life, so I can relate...and it seems when it rains it pours.

I'm sorry you will have to replace your A/C...maybe then you will have one that works and you can bake cookies and goodies all summer long and maybe also save some money on your energy bill because a newer one will be more energy efficient??? (just trying to see any positives out of having to spend around $2-3,000 that you don't have).

I know...not much help.

The Giles Files said...

Did you pray for patience? I remember when I was little, that my mom used tell me, in a somewhat strained voice at the end of a very long day to "never pray for patience!" I am so sorry that you had a crappy, crampy bday. That's why they make "happy unbirthday" celebrations :) Cash in one of those days when you're having a better day! :) You know, one where Aaron has a day off (yeah, I know, what's that?!?) and where you can get away for a few hours.

Spendloves said...

Hopefully your birthday got better! Happy belated birthday!

Teri said...

Erica, I am sorry you had a crappy day, I think there is something in the water. I would make you some cookies, butt I think that would add to the sick feeling in your stomache..happy late bday