Monday, June 9, 2008

Arizona



We are back, and thankful to have been blessed with a safe trip. I can’t say that it all went smoothly because there were certainly a few bumps in the road, but all in all it was a good time. I didn’t get as many pictures of the adults as I would have liked but I managed to snap a few of the kids.
Aaron and I learned that traveling with two car seats, two suitcases, two carry on’s, two kids, and a stroller is quite the task. On the way there we had doubts as to why we took the stroller. It wreaked of mildew as it had been sitting in our trunk over the winter and to add to the smell it has recently been rather humid here. There is nothing worse than a pungent smell of mildew lurking around in a public place. I was embarrassed to push it around and I was hoping that people weren’t able to figure out where the smell was coming from. Needless to say when we arrived in Winslow and Aaron scrubbed the stroller and got rid of the smell. In the end it was worth taking. I’m not sure how we would have gotten around without it. Both boys were very good on the plane, as usual. The car was a different story for Jace. I am not sure if the issue is that he has to be rear facing and can not see anything or it is the simple fact that he isn’t being held. Luckily on the way to Winslow it was late for him and he slept the whole way. On the way to the airport I had to sit in the back seat between the boys to keep Jace happy. Brevin played his Leapster in the car and was an angel.
Brevin is known for getting sick when we travel and this time was no different. He came down with the flu on this trip. That was no fun and ruined Aaron and Jerry’s plans of golfing that day. It was horrible to see him sick even though he slept pretty much most of the day.
Aaron was able to get in one round of golf while he was there and a movie. The kids and I spent a lot of time with Alison. She has three little ones and Brevin got to be pretty good friends with Jessie (her middle girl) by the time we left. As you can see from the pictures he loved the fine Arizona dirt and had fun digging in it, and dumping it in Grandpa’s grass. The cats were also a hit with the boys.
Towards the end of the trip I finally figured out Brevin liked to nap in Grandpa’s chair. I was fine with that as long as he took a nap. Thanks Grandpa, sorry for the mounds in the lawn.

3 comments:

The Giles Files said...

Vacations...good to go, good to get back. Then there's the vacation that's needed after the vacation. Gotta love travelin'. By the way, the pics look great. I like the before and after of Jace meeting the neighbor:)

Chelsea and Cody said...

I am happy to hear about the trip. You are sure teaching Jace about strangers at an early age! Ha! THe pics of Brevin in the chair are priceless!

Krusty said...

The kids are adorable. Glad you made it home in one piece. I am eternally grateful we don't have to lug that stuff around anymore. I look back and wonder what possessed me to travel thousands of miles with the girls like we did. It was always fun, but so much work :)