December 3, 2007
Brevin,
My favorite thing about Monday night is putting you to bed. You see, your daddy works on Monday night and that means I get to snuggle with you as you fall asleep. You use to let me rock you to sleep every night and I would sing “Baby Mine.” As you have grown and gotten older I can no longer rock you. Not to mention you prefer your daddy to snuggle with as you go to sleep. When daddy is not home at bedtime, mommy comes in at a close second.
As I lie there with you I can feel as you start to settle down. You softly rub my arm as I have it draped across you. (Daddy taught you this.) I can’t help but hold you closer. I can feel how much you love me. What a wonderful feeling! I think about how fast you are growing and how soon you will be a boy, young man, then having a family of your own. It is sad, but exciting at the same time. I love you so much and I hope you always know that. Never doubt that I love you.
I can feel when you have fallen asleep but it is hard for me to take you to your bed as I want to soak up every moment of cuddle time I have left. As I pick you up and walk you to your room, you wake. I tell you “I love you, sweet dreams,” give you a kiss on the forehead, and place you in your bed. You still ask for “Mine,” which means, “sing Baby Mine before you leave mom.” It is sometimes hard for me to get through the song. But no matter how I sing it, it doesn’t matter to you.
It took us so long to get you and you mean the world to me.
Thank you for my Monday nights!
Love Always, forever, and for Eternity,
Mom
Friday, December 14, 2007
Brevin
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That is really nice, Erika. That's a meaningful way to journal for Brevin to look back on. Lisa does that for each of her boys...every month, and includes quirks and personality stuff and events of the month...along with nice momentos from mom and dad. I'm trying to get caught up and do something like that. I liked reading yours - very sweet.
You are so sweet. That Mr. Brevin seems like such a sweet boy. It was so good to see you. I wish that we could've had more time. Maybe another time? Loves...
Post a Comment